Generally our customers treat our equipment with the maximum care and take all possible precautions against theft and damage. However, in the unfortunate event of either of these occurring, we follow the following process:
1. You are expected to inform us immediately about the theft or damage of any item and follow the instructions that we give you to take the necessary action required from your end. Informing us on or after the day of return will be considered as an attempt at concealment.
2. In case of theft, apart from the required statutory proceedings from your end, you are liable to pay us the replacement cost of the item immediately.
3. In the case of minor damages like small scratches on the body and glass, dust on the optical elements, etc., we will assess the damage and you may be charged a penalty accordingly.
4. In the case of major damages such as noticeable scratches, cracks or stains on the glass, dents to the body, impaired functionality, etc. we will refer the repair to the brand’s authorised service center and you shall be liable to pay for the repair, courier charges and 50% of the rental for the number of days the item is under repair.
5. Any attempt to have equipment repaired without our explicit authorisation shall be treated as a case of wilful tampering and you will be immediately liable for the replacement cost of the equipment, regardless of the status of the unauthorised repair.
6. In cases of major damage, in order for you to qualify for any benefit of salvage, depreciation, etc., voluntary and immediate disclosure of damage or theft by phone or email is a pre-condition (even if your return date is still some time away). Any delay in informing us of such incidents will render you ineligible for any consideration.